"My greatest goal and aspiration is to keep spreading drum n bass and music in general to growing audiences"
- While I was trying to find myself within music and scenes I had been attending numerous amounts of different parties but when I attended my first twilight and experienced a live Drum n Bass event hosted by Science Frikshun it blew my mind. The energy that the music had and the way that the crowd responded was beautiful and ever since then I was a changed man and grew a real love and appreciation for the genre.
BR: What has been the highlight of your career so far or what shaped your career?
- well back when I started playing drum n bass and got my first gig a highlight of mine was the way I was accepted by the other djs and promotors in the scene after looking up to them for so long. Just seeing the constant love and support from ravers and people who love the music has really made me more ambitious and has fortunately gotten me into a great position.
BR: WHAT IS YOUR greatest goal/aspiration as a musician?
- My greatest goal and aspiration is to keep spreading drum n bass and music in general to growing audiences and to gain enough of a following to hopefully have the opportunity to play on bigger stages/ plattforms such as Oppikoppi, Grietfest, rocking the daisies and others, but most importantly just keeping people raving and loving music/good times!
BR:Tell us a bit more about your sound and what inspired you?
- When I play I really try and push a high energy performance to the audience, I bring a more synth heavy sound mixed with some grungy elements to keep a escalating feeling throughout my set. What really inspired me was watching some local and international talent performing live and seeing how each person has their own vibe on stage that resonates with the audience. Which is why I will always have a fat party on stage and get into the music, because if you look like you are having a good time on stage the crowd will too!
BR: WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE DOUBLE DROP
- Red Bull and Vodka Haha! I cant say I really have a favourite double drop as double drops are all good if they really sit well together but I must say I have played White Flag (VIP) by Delta Heavy and Heartbeat by Andy C together and it has an insane amount of energy which is what I love.
BR: Liquid, Rollers, or neurofunk?
- I’m quite diverse in subgenres as you need to be able to cover all the different vibes.
BR: What do you have lined up in the near future?
For the future I’m just going to keep pushing and growing my name as an artist, I have some cool shows lined up so im just going to keep doing what I’m doing and gain more and more experience, Along with repping our brand Cherch as one of the resident dj’s.
BR: What is Cherch and where do you feel its going?
- Cherch is a monthly event that takes place at Capital Underground in Rosebank, it was created by Rhepuls, Dino, Myself and the help of our homies, and is basically an event that is just spreading the love for bass music which includes genres such as Drum n Bass, Trap and Dubstep . We are trying to be very fresh and unique when it comes to our line ups, atmosphere and look. So far its been very successful and we are only but growing. The vibe is always unreal at our events filled with so much energy. If you haven’t been yet make sure to pull in because it’s a guaranteed rave! As to where I feel Cherch is going, I’d say that it will definitely keep expanding and help growing bass culture in South Africa along with just becoming bigger and more badass which will be done with hard work and passion from the Cherch crew. But yeah,,,, big things to come.